Share your voice. Help improve public mental health services in NSW.
Do you identify as a person living with mental health issues and have experience accessing NSW public mental health services?
This paid opportunity is your chance to advocate on behalf of your community, influence systemic change, and ultimately improve public mental health services.
The NSW Ministry of Health is seeking expressions of interest for membership of the Consumer Subcommittee. The Consumer Subcommittee is tasked with advising the NSW Mental Health Program Council and NSW Ministry of Health on any issues that are of concern to people who access public mental health services in NSW.
Applications are welcomed from people from diverse backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, members of the LGBTIQ+ community, people with disability, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for this role.
Training will be provided to the successful applicants as part of the induction process. Members will need to prepare for and attend quarterly meetings, either online or in person.
- Identify as a person living with mental health issues (consumer) and have accessed NSW public mental health services in the last 10 years
- Knowledge and understanding of consumer participation, outlining your involvement in advocating for consumers rights
- Have good knowledge and understanding of key issues facing mental health consumers.
- Ability to work in a team environment to support others and develop and maintain strong working relationships
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
Online interviews for the Consumer Subcommittee will be held from 8 – 10 February 2022. For questions and further information, please contact Peter Schmiedgen, Senior Policy Officer, BEING – Mental Health Consumers.
Phone: 1300 234 640 Email: email@example.com
Applications for this opportunity have now closed. To learn about other opportunities to share your voice, please subscribe to our Mad Monday Memo e-newsletter.