We’ve been there. We get it.
Want to be part of an innovative peer workforce project across NSW?
Interested in raising issues important to the peer workforce and advocating for change?
Looking for opportunities to connect with other peer workers and explore networking opportunities?
We invite peer workers from across NSW to join the Peer Workforce Network, so we can all connect, grow and learn together.
BEING – Mental Health Consumers has been fundamental to the establishment and growth of the peer workforce across NSW and has been a keen advocate to ensure peer workers are heard, seen and supported.
The NSW Government has provided funding to BEING – Mental Health Consumers to develop a centralised database and network of peer workers across NSW to inform best practices as this valuable workforce grows.
BEING Peer Workforce Network wants to hear from peer workers who are interested in:
- Being part of a peer workforce network and exploring networking opportunities.
- Guiding professional development opportunities for peer workers.
- Connecting with like-minded people who want to contribute to the growth of the peer workforce.
- Advocating for better rights for peer workers.
The Peer Workforce Network provides support infrastructure for peer workers, and a forum to discuss issues such as educational pathways and career progression, as the peer workforce grows.
BEING – Mental Health Consumers understands the changing ways peer workers require support, including the unique challenges of the role, safety in the workplace and how to manage personal and professional boundaries. We do this by:
- Establishing a model of peer supervision in NSW.
- Providing professional development, education and support to peer workers.
- Offering training to organisations to build understanding of the unique needs of peer workers.
To find out more and to apply to join this progressive network, download the membership form below and email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.