Authorised Medical Officer: Someone who is either a medical superintendent of a mental health unit or doctor that has been nominated by the superintendent to take on responsibilities and make decisions based on the Mental Health Act. For example, undertaking initial mental health assessments of people who have admitted themselves or been admitted to the mental health unit.
- BEING’s submission to the NSW Parliamentary Inquiry into Outpatient and Community Mental Health Care
- Intolerant society creates additional strain on young people’s mental health
- BEING – Mental Health Consumers now accepting donations
- Registrations open for the Consumer Peer Worker Forum 2023
- BLA e-Learning Announcement