Register for our free online event.
Join us for the virtual launch of BEING Leadership Academy, on Thursday, 25 February 11am – 12.30pm.
Hear from our panelists as they discuss this exciting program:
- Why we created the BEING Leadership Academy
- Speak Up, Peer Up, Lead Up: The range of new short courses and workshops on offer
- The development process: Our partnership with Nottingham Recovery College to co-produce and co-design some new courses
- How you can get involved and the eligibility and enrolment process
- Hear from a guest speaker on the benefits of peer education
Irene Gallagher, CEO – BEING – Mental Health Consumers
After establishing her career in executive management in the corporate sector, Irene followed her passion of working in the mental health sector and uses her own personal experiences of mental health issues to inform her work today. Her contributions to education within the sector include developing and facilitating training and education, course work development for the Masters of Mental Health, the development and management of the peer workforces across NSW and the establishment of Recovery Colleges.
Janette Curtin, Manager – BEING Leadership Academy
Janette has a long history in the health sector and has been an educator for more than 26 years specialising in writing education programs in health, aged care, nursing, mental health and Aboriginal Primary Health Care. She believes learning is a lifelong skill and a wonderful, shared activity that can be accessible for all.
Registration for this free event is essential. Click here.