Expression of Interest
Peer Educators and Peer Course Writers wanted for our Peer Education Project
Due to additional funding, Being is looking for people with personal lived/living experience of mental health issues who are interested in careers as either Consumer Peer Educators and/or Consumer Peer Course Writers to work for us on a contract basis.
We are especially looking for people who have experience and interests in the following areas:
- Trauma Informed Practice
- Training and education
- Navigating mental health services and systems
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Drug and alcohol
- Group facilitation skills
- Peer work
If you feel you have the above experience and interests, and would like to be a part of this exciting project, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your expression of interest including your resume and response to the following questions:
- Are you a current member of Being?
- Why do you want to be involved in the Peer Education Project?
- What skills do you bring to the project? Include any previous peer educator courses or work you may have completed. You can also include presentations you have facilitated.
- What courses would you like to see Being run in the future?
- Tell us about any past presentations or courses you have delivered.
- What is your availability? Please ensure you include days and times available.
If you are applying for a Peer Course Writer role, also include what experience you have in writing courses.
You must also have an ABN or be willing to obtain one (we can assist you to obtain one). Some travel may also be required. Please indicate if you are not available to travel.
Please direct all phone enquiries to 9332 0200.
Applications close 5PM, Wednesday 4th April.