BEING’s vision is for all people with a lived experience of mental illness to participate as valued citizens in the communities they choose.
BEING’s purpose is to ensure that mental health consumer views are heard by policy makers, service providers and the community, through promoting consumer participation in relevant policy making and service development decisions.
BEING does not offer individual advice. Our role is to advise the State Government; we influence the decisions which will impact on your experience of using mental health services.
The lived experience of people is fundamental to all that BEING does and our work is underpinned by a commitment to upholding international human rights.
BEING holds the following values:
- Respect and dignity for all to enable inclusion
- Social justice and equity to ensure participation
- Belief in recovery to make it possible for every individual to recover
- Integrity to ensure transparency and accountability
- Fidelity to ensure the legitimate representation of the views of consumers
Our Guiding Principles
- Principles of recovery underpin all our work
- Recognition of the importance of a holistic approach
- Collaboration and team work
- Flexibility, responsiveness and innovation
- Consultative and participatory processes that have consumers at the centre
- Promoting equity and positive images to address discrimination and prejudice
- Accessible and approachable for all
- Promoting professionalism and quality practice