We are seeking a Human Resource Officer who has hands-on experience, is passionate about eliminating stigma for people living with mental health issues, and enjoys working in the not-for-profit sector.
Your role will be coordinating and delivering effective and responsive Human Resource services. Areas include: maintenance of HR records, recruitment and selection processes, HR policies and procedures, induction and training of staff, supporting the CEO with performance management processes, and development of a staff well-being program.
This role is a part-time contract with an immediate start, valid until June 2021 (with possible extension).
- Personal experience of living with mental health issues, or experience working with people living with mental health issues.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of Human Resources practices and procedures, including recruitment, within a small not-for-profit environment.
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources with related generalist experience, and ability to keep currency with compliance.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to take initiative and achieve results with minimal supervision
- Highly organised with good time management capability.
- Ability to work in a team environment and resolve conflicts.
- High level of verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in training and development.
- Ability to present innovative solutions to complex and varied problems.
- Prior experience in community based human resources will be highly regarded.
- Current Cert VI – TAE or working towards completion before June 2020.
- Ability to commence immediately.
How to apply:
Applications with a CV and cover letter (addressing the essential and desirable criteria) must be sent to email@example.com
Please place the job title in the subject line of your emailed application.
Please note: Applications that do not address these criteria will not be considered.
To view and download a copy of the full position description for the role of Human resources officer, click here.
Being is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. This means we apply affirmative action strategies to the employment of people with personal lived/living experience of mental health issues.