BEING is the independent NSW peak organisation for people with lived/living experience of mental health issues. Our primary focus is to ensure the voices of people with mental health issues are heard by decision makers, service providers, and the community. With a long-standing history of operation, Being is in a unique position to influence NSW policy, legislation, and service delivery, to improve the outcomes for the communities we serve by providing advice to the mental health sector on people’s views and experiences of the way mental health services are delivered. We support people to advocate and be involved in strategic decision making at all levels through peer-led activities, co-produced and co-design processes, ensuring people with lived/living experience of mental health issues are front and centre in the process of policy development, system design and development, and service delivery.
The Board are seeking to fill several Trustee positions on the Board of BEING from specifically skilled individuals who hold membership with BEING, and have an interest and commitment to the work we do. The following backgrounds are sought:
- Legal background
- Accounting background
- Business background
To be eligible for nomination to one of the positions on the Board of Being, you must:
- Have been a member of Being for more than 3 months prior to the AGM on 26th November 2018
- Be over the age of 18 years
- Be an Australian Citizen and resident of NSW
- Be prepared to act at all times in the interests of Being
- Must declare any conflict of interest
- Be available to attend bi-monthly Board meetings in the evenings
- Be available to take on and attend sub-committee positions
- Have a commitment to the principles of consumer participation
- Have a keen interest in and commitment to achieving our vision of all mental health consumers in NSW having fair access to quality services that meet their needs
For further information and to receive a nomination pack, please contact Irene Gallagher, CEO, on 9332 0200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on 28th February 2019.