Being will be holding two consultations at the Collective Purpose office about the Official Visitors Program in NSW. This is an opportunity for you to have your say about your experiences with hospital admission and involuntary treatment, and how the Official Visitors can help people access their services.
Official Visitors are independent from the NSW health system. They advocate for the rights and dignity of people receiving treatment under the NSW Mental Health Act 2007.
Discussion will include:
- Whether people have heard about the Official Visitors Program
- Experiences with the Program
- How the Official Visitors can help people access their services
- Any suggestions for change or improvement.
- Tuesday 5th December, 2 pm – 4 pm, RSVP – https://officialvisitors1.eventbrite.com.au
- Wednesday 13th December, 6 pm – 8 pm, RSVP – https://officialvisitors2.eventbrite.com.au
We will provide some light snacks.
This consultation is for anyone who has experiences of services in Mental Health Units, or on Community Treatment Orders. We would particularly like to hear from people who have had previous contact with the Official Visitors Program. Any information you share will be kept anonymous, and your personal details will not be shared.
We will also be running a survey for people who would like to provide their feedback online. Look out for more information about this in the next two weeks.
Your feedback is really important – It will help us advise the Official Visitors on how they can best help people, and what needs to change or improve.
For more information about the Official Visitors Program in NSW or to download a leaflet about the program in a community language visit: ovmh.nsw.gov.au
You can contact our Policy Team about this project or on: (02) 9332 0200 or firstname.lastname@example.org