BEING | Mental Health & Wellbeing Consumer Advisory Group is seeking three positions for our Board that will become available at the next Annual General Meeting of BEING on 28th November 2017.
BEING is a state-wide peak organisation whose purpose is to ensure that the views of people with lived experience are heard by policy makers, service providers and the community, through promoting consumer participation in relevant policy making and service development decisions. BEING’s aim is to ensure we have an independent, strong and informed voice for people with lived experience across NSW.
The role of the Board is to govern the organisation primarily through setting the strategic directions of the organisation and monitoring BEING’s progress to meeting those strategic goals. Positions on the Board are voluntary, with terms on the Board of up to three years.
Some of the obligations and responsibilities of being on the Board of BEING include:
- Ensuring the mission, vision, values, and principles of the organization are upheld at all times;
- Act in the interests of the organisation at all times;
- Acknowledge legal, fiducial, and risk management obligations at all times.
- Be willing to attend a bi-monthly Board meeting (the Board is considering moving to monthly Board meetings in 2018) either in person, by teleconference, or via skype;
- Be willing to attend at least one sub-committee of the Board (monthly or bi-monthly pending sub-committee commitments);
- Be willing to attend strategic planning days in person, and undertake out of session work as required;
- Ensure the views of the broader community are represented and heard at all Board meetings;
- Ensure that all reporting, financials, and otherwise, from the organisation is accurate and not misleading to its members and key stakeholders;
- Ensure conflict of interests are identified and disclosed at the earliest time;
- Ensure ongoing professional development in relation to Board responsibilities and matters, including governance, legislation, and fiducial responsibilities.
A person is qualified to be a Trustee if the person is a natural person who:
- (a) has attained the age of 18 years;
- (b) has been a Member for a period of at least 3 months;
- (c) is not an employee of NSW CAG and has not been an employee of NSW
- CAG for a period of at least 3months;
- (d) is not a current contractor of NSW CAG and has not been a contractor of
- NSW CAG for a period of at least 12 months; and
- (e) is not currently receiving payment of any kind from NSW CAG (except for
- the reimbursement of funds incurred in performing volunteer activities) and
- (f) has not received payment of any kind from NSW CAG (except for the
- reimbursement of funds incurred in performing volunteer activities) for a
- period of at least 3 months.
For further information and to receive a Nomination pack with expression of interest form, please contact Irene Gallagher (CEO) on 9332-0200 or email email@example.com
Closing date for application is 5pm on 17th November 2017.