Small Grants & Free Resources are now available for Mental Health Month 2016!
Mental Health Month is held in October each year in NSW and is coordinated by WayAhead -Mental Health Association of NSW. This year, the theme is ‘Learn & Grow’. The theme carries a simple but important message – learn about mental health, your mental health and grow from it to empower yourself and take an active approach towards self-care of your mental health & wellbeing.
We have grants of either $1000 or $500 available for many diverse communities including:
- Aboriginal Communities
- Culturally & Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities
- Lesbsian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual & Intersex (LGBTI) Communities
- General communities &
For the first time we will be offering Youth grants.
You can also get involved in raising awareness by ordering some of our free resources or nominating for a Mental Health Matters award in one of 11 diverse categories we have on offer.
Awards are available in 11 diverse categories including:
- Aboriginal Social and Emotional Wellbeing Award
- Carer Recognition Award
- Consumer Involvement and Participation Award
- Cross Sector Collaboration Award
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) Communities Award
- Excellence in Service or Program Delivery Award
- Media Award (National or State)
- Mental Health Promoting Workplace Award
- Mental Health Promotion & Wellbeing Award
- Older Persons Mental Health Award
- & Quality Improvement Award
Small Grant applications close Thursday, 21st of July
Award nominations close Friday, 22nd of July
Free resource orders close Friday 12th of August
For more information visit the Mental Health Month website http://mentalhealthmonth.wayahead.org.au/