On April 06 2016, The Hon. Pru Goward, Minister for Mental Health, will open an exciting conference, gathering stakeholders together to contribute to the discussion and evolution of the Mental Health Practitioner role.
Discussions will focus on strategic developments flowing from the growth of this emerging
role, associated professionalism and accreditation, career pathways and the value of lived experience in
mental health service delivery.
This year, as part of the My Career Mental Health Practitioner 2016 National Conference, BEING in partnership with Aftercare has the opportunity to support a limited number of consumers from across NSW to attend the Conference this April in Sydney. This includes transport, accommodation and meals which will be organised by BEING for the successful applicant(s).
To apply, you must:
- Complete the application form:
MyCareer Consumer Sponsorship Application
- If based outside of Sydney, be able to travel to Sydney, and if required, stay overnight in Sydney before and after the conference.
- Be willing to have a phone interview with BEING prior to the forum to get to know you a little and ensure that your needs are met; and
- Have a lived experience
Applicants will be prioritised if they:
- Are looking to work or volunteer with people who have a lived experience of mental illness
- Are currently working or volunteering with people who have a lived experience of mental illness
- Are on a low income.
Please return this form to Annaliese at
Fax: 02 9339 6066
Post: 501/80 William St, Woolloomooloo NSW 2011
Applications close Wednesday 23 March 2016
For further enquires please contact Annaliese Mayday at BEING on 02 9332 0200
Good luck! We look forward reading all your wonderful applications.